2010 has been a great year. I have gotten to do some amazing things and met a ton of awesome people.
I wanted to highlight some of my Favorite Unique Things To Do In 2010.
- Drink Coffee: There is something about a great hot cup of coffee and the internet in the morning that makes me smile. I absolutely look forward to these moments every day. Coffee has risen to the top of my list as one of my favorite things to do in 2010.
- Watch 60 Minutes: This is indeed my favorite show on television. 60 Minutes does an amazing job of telling stories and capturing their audiences with compelling cotent. I look forward to every Sunday night around 6pm and the newest stories that are about to hit the airwaves.
- Drive: Well, I cannot say this was my favorite thing to do. But the results of my drive led me to some of the more favorite things in 2010. Traveling to Atlanta, Nashville, and Chicago just to name a few, made my 2010 a great year. I got to meet up with a lot of old friends and new friends.
- Read Blogs: This has to be on my list. Maybe because I do this every single morning (its like my morning paper, coffee and blogs) but more because I love to read from others. I love to get their thoughts, ideas, struggles, and joys. Who knows how much longer blogs will be relevant, but as long as you write them I will read them.
- Listen To Talk Radio: Call me an old man, I do not care. Talk radio is one of my favorite things to listen to. Every morning I spend hours listening to sports talk, NPR, and podcast. I typically go to sleep each night with talk radio going, when I take road trips I listen to podcast or talk radio on my iPhone. There is something that entertains me when I learn about something or someone.
- Watch Slow Motion Clips: There is something about watching a video slowed down with dramatic music that makes me stop and watch. I am a sucker for these videos. So much so that I have started to save for a D7000 so that I can take amazing HD footage and then slow it down all I want and just enjoy.
- Mow the Grass: As a teenager I absolutely hated to mow the grass. Maybe because we had a push mower and a huge backyard. But this last year I would mow the grass every 3 days. It was peaceful, outdoorsy, and allowed me to listen to more talk radio (see above). It might be a while until I have a house of my own, but when I do I will have the nicest yard on the block…or at least the best mowed lawn.
- Learn Code: I can still remember the day I got my own self-hosted blog. That was in August of 2009 and since then I have grown a ton in my blogging, design, and dare I say coding. I have learned the basics of HTML and CSS, well enough to code other peoples blogs and design them to how they want them to look. I owe a lot of this to the guys at 8BIT and there awesome theme, Standard Theme (Affiliate link). If you would have told me that I would have coded and developed and designed this guys blog, this blog, this blog, this blog, this gals blog, this blog, this ministry, this college ministry, and this companies site I would never have believed you. This has become somewhat of an obsession to learn more and do more. Every time I do a project I learn something new, that makes this one of my favorite things to do in 2010.
- Talking With the Community: talking with a blogging community is truly unique. Making friends with complete strangers on twitter and blogs is just plain absurd. But truthfully, I have made some very close friends that I hang out with every single day. It truly has been one of my favorite unique things to do in 2010…meeting new people.
Truthfully, 2010 has been filled with so many memories that I cannot even began to recount them all. I truly am learning new stuff about myself every single day and am learning from each and every one of you. I appreciate all of your friendship, readership, and awesomeship (wanted to keep with the ship theme). I cannot wait to see what happens in 2011.